Did you know that Yamazaki was the first distillery in Japan? It was established in 1923 in the dense bamboo grooves of Yamazaki, just outside the ancient capital Kyoto, at the foot of Mt. Tennozan. The legendary recipe lives on today, delivering spiced wood flavours that develop into dried cranberries and finishes with orange marmalade and lingering honey sweetness.
- The flagship single malt whisky from Suntory, initially marketed in 1984
- Wonderfully smooth and elegant, packed with flavour
- Full-bodied nose with rich nut oils, floral character, and tropical fruit zest
- Sugar and winter spice alternate on the palate, developing into refreshing citrus notes and a hint of rum
- Medium finish, always satisfying
- This 12-year-old has a cult following—and it’s time you tried it