- Alc Vol: 12.5%
- Size: 75cl
- Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage champagnes, unlike most champagnes, are made from the grapes of a single exceptional year. Each Grand Vintage is unique.
- Each Grand Vintage possesses the distinctive, imitable qualities of that year’s outstanding grapes, qualities which have been elevated to their fullest expression through the savoir-faire, experience and expertise of Moët & Chandon and the House’s chef de cave.
- Since 1842, the House has released 74 vintage champagnes.
- Grand Vintage 2002, the 68th Vintage from the Maison, which was founded in 1743, is a wine of extraordinary character.
- The House’s 68th vintage, Grand Vintage 2002 is a well-rounded, polished, harmonious wine with a complex, uncompromising personality. Warm harvest notes and notes of frangipani, white peach and nectarine, a velvety texture and a crisp finish make for an exceptional champagne (Chardonnay 51%, Pinot Noir 26%, Pinot Meunier 23%). Disgorged in November 2009 - Dosage : 5,5 g/l.
- The 2002 Grand Vintage was initially released in October 2010 and it was first disgorged in November 2009, so chef de cave Benoît Gouez has actually slightly lengthened the post disgorgement ageing on the white style partly, “to help it recover from the oxidation trauma of the disgorgement process”. Moët Grand Vintage usually gets disgorged in three tranches spread over 18 months or so, depending on levels of demand, so by the time of the third release it has had nearly eight years on its lees.
Grand Vintage 2002 is mature, harmonious and precise. Seven years in the cellars have developed the mature, toasty flavours, both sweet and dry, with warm notes of grain and frangipane along with toasted almonds and malt, mocha and light tobacco. Notes of ripe fruits follow: pear, candied citrus, plum, nectarine and white peach.
On the palate, the construction is precise and the substance is velvety. The first impression of creamy roundness progressively allows the linear, tight structure to appear. The flavours of fruit become fresher: mandarin orange and pink grapefruit. The deliberately light dosage (5.5 g/l), creates a firm, precise finish, deliciously tonic and refreshing, with notes of rhubarb and currant as well as quinine and citrus.
51% Chardonnay, 26% Pinot Noir, 23% Pinot Meunier
Moët & Chandon possesses one of the world’s most prestigious collection of vintage champagnes, all of which are safeguarded in the Grand Vintage Reserve cellars