Sherry & Port
- Size: 75cl
- This rare and delicious 30 year old port has been aged in specially selected wooden casks allowing gentle oxidation, concentrating its flavours and intensifying the fruit to create the complex flavour characteristic of a 30 year old port.
- Rich tawny with amber hints in the glass. On the nose, intense aromas of honey and spices are underscored by deep flavours of dried apricots, hazelnuts and vanilla. The palate balances rich sweet and savoury characters with wonderful elegance, great intensity and an exceptionally long finish. Serve this chilled in a proper wine glass to allow the perfumes to express themselves.
- Grapes for Sandeman ports are hand-picked and harvest timing is decided according to the style intended. For tawnies, grapes are picked with an acidity structure which emphasises freshness in the final bottled wine, as this is crucial for creating balance in wood-aged styles. They are also more delicate and aromatic than the grapes used for bottle-aged ports (e.g., late bottled vintage and vintage styles). The grapes are destemmed and crushed before fermentation at controlled temperatures, with skin maceration to extract tannin, colour and flavour. For tawny styles, this process is done in overhead stainless steel fermentation vessels with punch downs and pumping over, unlike for bottle-aged styles ports which are fermented in shallow granite lagares. The moment of fortification with a neutral grape spirit is chosen by the winemaker following strict control of fermentation temperatures and must densities according to the vine variety, maturation stage and the final sweetness required. After the harvest, the wines remain in the Douro until the following spring, when they are taken to Vila Nova de Gaia and enter Sandeman's centuries-old lodges for ageing in small, used oak barrels. Over the years, the wines selected for this 30 Year Old Tawny are carefully tasted, analysed and racked from lees. The final blend results from a selection of wines of between 25 and 40 years of age, masterfully blended to maintain consistency and character.
- Wine Tasting Notes:
- Old gold amber colors with the intense aromas of honey and spices, underscored with deep flavors of dried apricots, hazelnuts and vanilla, creating a rich yet elegant combination.
Bénédictine has a distinctive aroma of spices and citrus with a touch of honey. It is rich, full and with an intense flavour, balanced with sweetness. Delivering a warming aftertaste with notes of a coffee liqueur it combines the flavours of mocha coffee, fudge and vanilla through a zesty saffron and gingerbread finish
Bénédictine D.O.M. Liqueur, is the perfect accompaniment to champagne in the DOM Cocktail, and can also be sipped neat or enjoyed as an after-dinner liqueur. As one of the most highly regarded ingredients for great cocktails, Bénédictine has always been a favourite in every good cocktail bar throughout the ages.
White Spanish Wine
Wine of Spain
Uncompromisingly dry, refreshing and distinctive, Tio Pepe is the perfect partner for savoury nibbles, olives, fried fish, Spanish ham and of course tapas. Tio Pepe is best enjoyed within a year of bottling. Serve well-chilled.
- ABV: 17.5%
- Size: 75cl
- Wine of Spain. Dark, golden and complex. Rich with a mellow sweetness. Harvey brothers, Bristol wine merchants importing from Spain. Since 1882 The "Bristol Cream®" has stood apart - a distinctive mingling of four different sherries from the 'Solera' of casks of different ages. Discover the essence of invention - perfectly chilled or over ice, as a long drink or cocktail. By Appointment to HM Queen Elizabeth II Sherry Suppliers Harveys Jerez Spain
- Best served chilled - perfect when 'Harveys' turns blue Serve chilled in a wine glass, or over ice with a slice of orange, or mix with 2 parts lemonade over ice with slices of fruit.
- ABV: 20%
- Size: 750ml
- Named in honour of the Founder, this Reserve is one of Sandeman´s greatest Portos. Selected from the finest «lots» of each vintage and aged for 5 years. Full of the power, fruit and fire that distinguishes classic Porto, Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve is the culmination of two hundred years of expertise.
- Intense ruby red colour, brilliant and clean. Rich red fruit aromas with a touch of age create an elegant reflection of powerful flavours, the fruit and fire characteristic of young classic Porto balanced with the finesse of age.
- Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve is ready for drinking and does not require decanting. Serve between 14ºC-16ºC. Once open, it should be consumed within 4 weeks
- Excellent on its own served in large glasses, Sandeman Porto Founder's Reserve is a perfect match with cheeses or rich chocolate desserts
- ABV: 20.5%
- Size: 75cl
- The 2004 vintage of Taylor's excellent single Quinta (estate) port, de Vargellas. Single quinta ports are made in non-declared years and are intended to be earlier drinking than their main vintage counterparts This is made entirely from grapes grown on the Vargellas property and bears the name of the estate on the label.although as with all vintage ports, there's no rush!
- VARGELLAS 2004 is a powerful, pungent, aromatic nose with ripe, rich, juicy, berry fruit aromas; overlaid with wonderful characteristic floral notes. This wine has a bouquet with great depth and layers of intense fresh fruit. On the palate, the freshness of berry fruit continues, combining with rich chocolate and liquorice flavours of equal intensity.
- AWARD WINNING PORT: Awarded 94/ Points by the Wine & Spirits Magazine "This '04 has a lovely perfume and energy in the structure that drives it forward... This is the most powerful wine we tasted from this vintage, only hinting at its more delicate complexities that may emerge with time."
- STYLISH GIFT BOX: Presented in a luxury branded wooden gift box. Making this port the ideal port gift for any special occasion or port lover.
For many Taylor’s is the archetypal Port house and its wines the quintessential Ports. Family managed since its foundation in 1692, it has remained entirely dedicated to quality Port production throughout its history. This bottle was inspired by the ‘bladder’ shaped wine bottles manufactured in England between about 1715 and 1740. In Britain, where they were used mainly in the 1720s and early 1730s, ‘bladder’ wine bottles were relatively unusual but their use in continental Europe was more widespread. The particular variant on which this limited edition bottle was based, with its narrow oval profile, is often described as having a ‘flat chestnut’ shape. These ‘bladder’ bottles usually held more wine than earlier ‘onion’ bottles or the more cylindrical types that followed them. Like this special edition bottle, by about 1730 full sized ‘bladder’ bottles were made to hold around a litre of wine. This blend was carefully put together for this limited edition from specially selected Ports from Taylor’s extensive aged Tawny stocks, aged in seasoned oak Port pipes. Its character is unique for this bottling, with the characteristic Taylor’s richness and with its distinctive grip on the finish. The wine is a skilfully blended Tawny Port, harmonious and balanced, with all the intensity and finesse derived from ageing in seasoned oak casks.