- Bursting with flavours of winter berries and traces of port
- Reddish gold colour, thick and sweet palate, with chewy port notes and hints of barley sugar, cereal, and juicy fruits
- Sweet finish, lingering but not long, leaving mild traces of chocolate and oranges on the tongue
- Fantastic with oily feta and dishes that use this cheese
- Very fruity and thick on the nose, with rich aromas of lemons, apples, and nectarine covered in spices
- Wonderfully balanced on the palate, fresh with traces of vanilla, tiramisu, toffee, and boiled sweets
- Long and gentle finish
- Aged in Glenmorangie’s signature custom-made casks
- Delicious with a creamy lobster bisque or pear soup with brie
- Also great with bacon-wrapped scallops, crab rangoon with ginger and tamarind chutney, or crispy dumplings with crab meat and scallions
The Spey Cascade single malt Scotch whisky from the Singleton of Dufftown is created with a balanced mix of whiskies aged in both bourbon and Sherry casks. The end result is warming with baked orchard fruits, demerara sugar and golden barley. Perfect for early evening dramming, this one - laid back with good flavour behind it. The folks at the Singleton of Dufftown also say Spey Cascade combines well with chocolate truffles, too. If you're feeling decadent, go for it.
A bright young Laphroaig whose maturation has been sped up by ageing in quarter casks. This displays soft sweetness and a velvety feel when first tasted, then the intense peatiness so unique to Laphroaig comes bursting through. A terrific whisky and great value.
Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold is an innovative bottling from Diageo. Made using whisky distilled in the cold Scottish winter, it is created to be served from the freezer, delivering richness and sweetness as the glass warms up. Honeyed with a hint of peat.