The tantalising, smooth and complex taste that you experience when you sip Bombay Sapphire gin, is described as fresh citrus and juniper flavours combined with an elegant light spicy finish.
The flavours of the botanicals are captured through a delicate distillation process called Vapour Infusion to give Bombay Sapphire its distinctive taste.
There are 10 different botanicals used to create Bombay Sapphire. Although they don't hind the 10 magical ingredients from the customers, they do hind the amount of each botanic they use in their special blend. The ten botanicals are from all around the world including
- Juniper Berries - from Italy give a scent and taste of pine cones, lavender and camphor.
- Lemon Peel - from Spain creates a bittersweet taste which has a freshness and subtlety giving a clear citrus taste.
- Coriander (Seeds) - from Morocco are ground down to release there citrus and spice giving suggestions of lemons and orange but mellowed and rounded by a ginger-like spice.
- Angelica (Root) - from Saxony gives a dry, pine, kernel flavour enhancing subtlety and adding a long after taste.
- Orris (Iris Root) - from Italy add the aroma of violets and add the sense of warm earth combining the rest of the botanicals.
- Grains of Paradise - from West Africa combine a peppery bite with lavender and chocolate for a touch of luxury which adds the spicy exotic quality to the spirit.
- Cubeb Berries - from Java are crushed and when infused in a spirit provide a fresh pine flavour and light peppery notes
- Cassia Bark - from Indo-China give off a light cinnamon flavour adding a warm spice and touch of sweetness
- Almonds - from Spain are grounded to release there precious oils and adds a clean rich taste with a hint of nuttiness to add strength to the spirit.
- Liquorice - from China to bring depth to the other botanicals
- Hand Selected Botanicals
- Vapour infused
- Hand selected exotic botanicals
- From a 1761 recipe
- Distilled from 100% grain