Dr Squid Gin 70cl
- ABV: 40% Vol
- Size: 70cl
- Dr Squid Gin has been a labour of love dating back to the spring of 2018. "18 months, 16 fights, 14 failed batches, 12 design ideas, 10 shipping fails, 8 missed launch dates, 6 packaging blunders, 4 days in to Lockdown, 2 serious explosions, 1 Dr Squid!!!......Its finally arrived
- "On many occasions we almost conceded that it would not be possible, neither the copper flask nor the balancing of the recipe, but it was an idea that we so steadfastly believed in that we could not let it go".
- Dr Squid Gin has been lovingly made by Pocketful of Stones Distillery down at Long Rock, Penzance.
- This utterly gorgeous unique gin is made with real squid ink from a secret recipe and is served from a handmade copper flask (yes, you read that correctly) engraved with the scenery, wildlife, folklore and history that surrounds them down there.
- Dr Squid Gin has a savoury expression, with a coastal, Mediterranean freshness. style gin, from coriander, sea buck thorn and squid ink. It has a smooth full mouth feel from vanilla and a slight spice, pepper.
- Dr Squid Gin opens up when tonic is added release floral and citrus notes of meadow sweet and lemon.
- Best of all though, wait for it…Dr Squid Gin pours black however when mixed with tonic it turns a vivid pink. Just unbelievably gorgeous to behold and to sip! Wow!
- Squid Ink is such a powerful ingredient that only a minimal amount is needed both for the distilling and colour or infusion of the gin. Vanilla was added to the base of the recipe to give a well rounded mouthfeel and perceived sweetness , coupled with sea buckthorn for a tart, fresh fruit finish.
- It also makes for a great Gin Mule when poured over crushed ice and ginger beer.
For the rest of the UK:
The table below contains all postcodes on a two day service. Please note all deliveries to Northern Ireland are also on a 3-5 days service.
Offshore Island deliveries will take longer than two days including Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands and Islands and Scilly Isles.
|AB||31-35||41-54||ABERDEEN||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|AB||36-38||55-56||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|BT||ALL||NORTHERN IRELAND||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|EI(ZZ75)||ALL||REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (EIRE)||3-5 DAYS||£ 19.95|
|FK||17-21||ARGYLL||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|G||83||GLASGOW||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|GY||9||GUERNSEY||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|HS||01-Sep||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|IM||ALL||ISLE OF MAN||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|IV||ALL||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|KA||27||ARRAN||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|KA||28||ARGYLL||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|KW||0-14||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|KW||15-17||ORKNEY SHETLAND||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|PA||20-80||ARGYLL||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|PH||15-18||DUNDEE||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|PH||19-29||32-33||45-48||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|PH||30-31||34-44||49-99||ARGYLL||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|TR||21-25||CORNWALL||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|
|ZE||ALL||ORKNEY SHETLAND||3-5 DAYS||£ 15.95|