- 05 Jul 2022
Celebrate the World Rum Day with 365 Drinks
If you love rum, then you’ll want to celebrate World Rum Day on Saturday, July 9. There are many ways to celebrate this fun occasion. For instance, you can visit local distilleries, try different styles of the drink, or buy rum online from 365 Drinks and make rum cocktails!
What is World Rum Day?
World Rum Day is an annual global event celebrated on the second Saturday of July. As the name implies, it’s a day to celebrate rum and rum distilleries. It’s the perfect excuse to buy drinks online and indulge in a sugarcane-based spirit. The day is all about coming together to enjoy rum, whether discovering something new, reacquainting yourself with an old favorite, experiencing various styles, knowing more about a distillery or two, or making rum cocktails.
Do you enjoy cooking? Use rum for flame frying or baking! How about making some rum raisin pie, spiced rum cake, or fiery banana fosters to enjoy on this special day? These delicious and timeless sweets bring out the drink’s sweet taste.
Make rum cocktails on World Rum Day
Rum is one of the most versatile spirits that can let you make a wide range of cocktails, from piña coladas to mojitos. It comes in different variants, including the light, unaged ones, and those that are tropical, spicy, or with a sugar-cane base. When you buy rum online, you’ll discover funky styles from Jamaica and richer rums you can pour over desserts or enjoy neat.
No matter how you like your rum, there’s always a mixer, tool, and glassware to go with it. Many famous rum-based cocktails require only as few as three ingredients, making them simple and easy to serve when you want a quick drink or impress some family and friends with your bartending skills. Here are some of the rum cocktails you can make and enjoy on World Rum Day.
- Rum punch – This cocktail needs fresh orange juice, lime juice, golden rum, sugar syrup, and Angostura Bitters. Serve over ice with a pinch of nutmeg as garnish.
- Mojito – You’ll only need white rum, soda water, and brown sugar to make mojitos. Top the drink with half a lime and mint sprigs, if you want!
- Mai tai – When you buy drinks online, pick up some dark rum, white rum, Curacao liqueur, and lime juice to make this cocktail. You’ll also need grenadine syrup and orgeat or almond syrup. Mix everything and pour, and add a cherry on top.
- Piña colada – If you like piña colada, you’ll enjoy making this cocktail using white rum, coconut milk, and pineapple juice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, then pour over ice.
- Daiquiri – All it takes is some white rum, sugar syrup, a handful of blended strawberries, and lime juice to make this rum cocktail. Shake them together, strain, and then add ice.
Where can you buy rum?
You don’t need to leave home to get your hands on your favorite bottles. 365 Drinks makes it easy and quick to buy rum online in the UK. Order before 2 PM and get your rum on the next working day in the mainland UK. We also deliver on Saturdays and Sundays under certain conditions.
Sign up for an account and log in to buy drinks online at 365 Drinks. We have a special section featuring the collection of rums we carry from a wide range of brands and distilleries, such as Captain Morgan, Bacardi, Kraken, Old Monk, Malibu, and Dead Man’s Fingers. Add your favorite bottles to your cart and checkout. We accept a range of payment methods and process them securely and privately.
Be sure to order rum in advance so it will be ready for your enjoyment on World Rum Day!